Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs 2003 netgear fvs318 help

Greetings,
    I have an network setup with SBS 2003 and a netgear vpn switch which also administers DHCP.I had to downgrade a laptop from vista to xp sp3 because a variety of issues.The problem is the downgraded xp machine cannot hold a network connection.It works for a few minutes then all of a sudden I get the network connection has been lost and network path cannot be found when I try to connect to the shared drives.

The machine in question was connecting as a non domain machine until I could get it on the network but even that won't work.I have never been able to get it on the domain even though I have been able to get it to ask for credentials when attempting to join.What am I doing wrong here?I want it on the domain so I won't have to treat it like a workgroup computer.I put the SBS server address for the DNS server and enabled netbios.I have a static ip and dhcp is not running from the server I use the netgear as the server.Please help.

Re: sbs 2003 netgear fvs318 help

Is there any reason why you are not running DHCP from the SBS Server?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      Is there any reason why you are not running DHCP from the SBS Server?
      I am not running DHCP server from SBS because I don't have 2 nics so I thought that this was the best way to get everything to work. Also I was told that this was the best way to setup the network if I wanted to vpn to work properly.
      Last edited by hubison; 26th February 2010, 11:26. Reason: more info

Comment

Doesnt matter if you have 2 NiCs or not -- use DHCP on your SBS as it is far more flexible re DNS registration etc.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X