SBS 2003 managing GPO on a 2008 Member server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 managing GPO on a 2008 Member server

I have a 2003 SBS domain, with a 2008 Standard edition member server. This 08 server is setup running Citrix Access Essentials. I would like to make some adjustments to the Admin Templates to lock down my Citrix server but I dont see the same options on my GPO as I do in the local policy of my 2008 server. I have read that you cannot see these items because it is 2003. I read it has to be from another 08 machine or Vista, is there anyway around this? Possibly installing the GPO management on my 08 member server to manage the GPO on my 03 SBS box? I am looking for someway to do this if possible. Thanks!
    Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: SBS 2003 managing GPO on a 2008 Member server

Recommendation number 1: Use a Win7/Vista station for management with the RSAT tools installed.
    #2: I don't remember if there is an update or not, which adds client-side extensions for managing 2008 servers - but it is not recommended to work on the server in any case - see #1!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Is it possible to do #1 from a machine not on the domain?
      Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Comment

I suggest you could get a fuller answer in the GPO forum - as it is not specific to SBS.
        In any case you can only manage GPO if you are delegated the privelege and are fully authenticated to the domain.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X