Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Update Service (WSUS) 3.0 uninstalled but not reinstalled

Hi All
    I Have managed to uninstall the Windows update sdervice 3.0 from the SBS 2008 SP2 systems , but cannot reinstall it

the main issue is that i do not really need this service runing but apperantly the |SBS does

we need to update to rollup 3 but from what ive read and searched forever w/o success is that it can be obtained only by synching WSUS

when i am trying to reinstall it from Server manager\roles add i get this
    [
    Windows Server Update Services: Installation failed

<Error>: The update could not be found. Either the update is not applicable to this computer or the update no longer exists. Verify that the update still exists and is applicable to this computer from your WSUS server or Windows Update.
    ]

and from the SBS console\ updates says it is not installed properly with the edition of the respective public key and tokens
    why cant i add this service
    and whether i can leave w/o it
    and lastly where can get rollup 3 for sbs2008 sp2

Yours
    Gventura

Re: Windows Update Service (WSUS) 3.0 uninstalled but not reinstalled

I Am posting a self reply for my issues with WSUS 2008
    it was awsom to find it - thanks to Mat's Tech Blog on http://techblog.mirabito.net.au/?p=58
    < ----here is the juice
    It’s a relatively quick fix though – Just delete “HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdate ”, restart the Windows Update service (wuauserv) and then you should be good to go
    ------------>
    worked like charm
    Gabby

Comment

Re: Windows Update Service (WSUS) 3.0 uninstalled but not reinstalled

Thanks for sharing the solution.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X