No announcement yet.

The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI, error '0x8004100e'.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI, error '0x8004100e'.


    Server is running sbs server 2003 (premium edition) sp2 with exchange 2003.
    Monitoring was playing up, so followed steps to completely remove.
    After removing I rebooted server and reinstalled monitoring component . during install it prompted for original windows 2003 cd3 so used that (do not have a copy of 2003 sp2 slipstreamed cd) . At the end of the install it advised that some components will not run correctly because service pack 2 disc was not used to reinstall monitoring component.
    Monitoring still didn't work , had errors end of using the configuration wizard (3 out of 4 points did not successfully complete)
    It advised to reinstall the service pack. Download 2003 sp2 and tried to reinstall. Then I got "Access denied" error during install. Tried to troubleshoot that by resetting default security setting as explained in a MS KB. that didn't work.
    I noticed WMI errors in event log so I followed this KB to reregister the Exchange 2003 namespace with WMI(kb/288590) . Got errors while running these commands;
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem>mofcomp.exe exwmi.mof
    Microsoft (R) 32-bit MOF Compiler Version 5.2.3790.3959
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp. 1997-2001. All rights reserved.
    Parsing MOF file: exwmi.mof
    MOF file has been successfully parsed
    Storing data in the repository...
    An error occurred while opening the namespace for object 1 defined on lines 10 -
    Error Number: 0x8004100e, Facility: WMI
    Description: Invalid namespace
    Compiler returned error 0x8004100e
    On top of that I'm getting frequent errors in the event log (that I never seen before), as shown here:
    With all of this in mind, please advise best course of action to resolve this problem that is spiraling out of control