Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

server hangs after crash (keeps loading profile for a long time)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server hangs after crash (keeps loading profile for a long time)

One of my customers has an SBS 2008 standard server. Today at 11:30 it crashed without warning and when we reboot te server, everything seems to go well, but when it's loading it's local policy, it stays in that mode for ever.

We tried multiple reboots, safe mode, but no response.

Any ideas? (not te one about restoring the complete server)

Re: server hangs after crash (keeps loading profile for a long time)

I'm at the customers site now. It's not loading profiles, but it hangs on "applying computer settings"

Google points to 3900 hits and the top all point to IP6 disabling. But IP6 is not disabled.

I can ping the server and it responds. If i go to the server with IE8 i see the IIS7 page. But tha'ts about it.

(Can an admin change my title?)

Comment

Can you connect to the computer from a station and/or read the server's event log? Can you get any type of access, or are you implying that exactly the same happens in safe mode?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Update,

after setting an image back it was still unstable. Did a complete new install and restored the mailboxes and the data. The only thing giving an error is restoring the public folders. Got the "writer" error. Has lots of hits in Google.

I used Backup exec for SBS for making back-ups.

Comment

Working...
        X