Remote Web Workplace times out ofter log-in to only one client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Web Workplace times out ofter log-in to only one client

We have a SBS 2003 server with XP professional clients. The users often use remote Web Workplace to connect to their desktops remotely. I recently gave one of the users a new computer, also XP professional. I configured it to allow remote access and made sure that the user was allowed to connect. When the user tries to connect, he gets into the RWW, selects his computer, enters his username and password, and waits to connect. After maybe a minute, the window closes and a VBScript error tells us that the remote connection has timed out and we should try again later. He is able to connect to other computers in the domain.

I have looked around and found a lot of people who can not get into RWW at all, but this is different - RWW is accessible, it appears that just this PC is not. Where do I start to find what the problem is?
    Last edited by Hershelmg; 31st December 2009, 20:17.

Re: Remote Web Workplace times out ofter log-in to only one client

Did you set this up manually or did you use the Wizard?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Maybe I don't understand your question...
      The Server was set up before I came here; we upgraded to a new server but used a swing to keep the same domain, AD, etc.
      When I brought the client into the domain, I went to the remote tab on the properties menu of My Computer and enabled remote access, as I have done for all of the other clients I have added. I added the user, as for all of the clients. If that is manual, then I set it up manually.

Comment

UTFW!! To add a client to a domain, you use Server Manager/Client Computers/Add a computer. Use The F***ing Wizard and then add the client by browing to //<servername>/connectcomputer.

The other Gotcha is that XP SP3 "damages" the terminal server ActiveX, or whatever it is called, and you have to load it again.
        Last edited by teiger; 4th January 2010, 15:56. Reason: /conectcomputer NOT /connect
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

That's how I added the client to the domain. The client does not have any other problems with the domain. Exchange/outlook work fine, logging on to the domain and using shared folders works fine, everything else works fine. The only thing that doesn't work is Remote Desktop. That had worked fine, but then stopped, as I described in my original post.

Comment

Not only will the computer not connect via Remote Desktop, it will not connect through LogMeIn. Through our LAN, I can connect to shared folders on the computer from other desktops.

If I log into this desktop through RWW with the wrong password, it tells me that the password is wrong. If I log in locally as one user, then remotely as another user with remote permissions, it tells me that if I continue, I might lose data. When I continue, it logs the other user off of the computer, and then times out. When I go to the actual computer, I see that the user has been logged off. But it will not let anyone in remotely. Are there some kind of logs that I can enable to figure this out?

Comment

Working...
            X