Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 nic config 03 SBS

Hi,

I've been attempting to config 2 nics on my 03SBS server without success. I have the following setup... SMC (ISP cable modem running a static ip)> Router (wireless Linksys)> External Nic>Internal Nic> Switch (Linksys). I can't seem to grasp the configuration of the nics. My goals are to have internet connection on the Ext. Nic > the DHCP running on the server> Int. Nic connected to my workstations. Some how during my feeble attempt to configure everything I'm receiving a message about the DHCP scope not configured properly. Any suggestions?...what am I doing wrong? Thanks

Re: 2 nic config 03 SBS

Have you turned DHCP off on the router? Post your ipconfig /all output here to the forum.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Not yet as this would take down the wifi connection. I would think there would be a way of configuring the wireless connection via static per device(laptop)access.
      As soon as I get to the office I'll post the IPconfig output. Thanks

Comment

So if you are using a 2-NIC configuration and your Router is also your WAP, be aware that the laptops will be connecting from outside of the LAN and will need a VPN or similar type connection to access the LAN facilities.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X