PC reboots when user tries to use RWW and connect the her desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC reboots when user tries to use RWW and connect the her desktop

Yesterday an end user was off-site and wanted to use RWW to connect to her desktop in the office. About a year ago it worked, but this time her PC rebooted every time she tried. She got an error message saying that her request had timed out. From home I was able to successfully use RWW and connect to my desktop at work, but I had the same problem she did when I tried to connect to her desktop. I tried using a VPN connection and Remote Desktop Connection, and it failed on her desktop.

Re: PC reboots when user tries to use RWW and connect the her desktop

have you reviewed the event logs on the workstation?

try turning on the dump files...
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How do I turn on the dump files?

Comment

After reviewing the Event Log on the station in the office, I would try connecting to it from inside the LAN via RWW. Use \\<servername>\remote, where <servername> is the name of the server from the LAN - NOT the external FQDN address!
        Does the PC being connected to reboot now, or can you connect?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X