Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of mailing address exchange SBS 2003

Hi guys,
    Does anyone know how can I change address that appears in contact list in outlook for company users on SBS 2003? I have tried changing the address on one user to see if that is going to affect it (in AD) but it did not, so I need an advice how to solve this?
    The company has moved to another postal address so I need to change the one that is currently logged in the system.
    In case that some of you might advice,it is not possible to change it from outlook since that info is greyed out.

Thanks for your help,
    Jabadiah

Re: Change of mailing address exchange SBS 2003

What do you mean???

Are you changing the domain name portion of the email address or the username portion???

The postal address is simple enough as you can use ADMODIFY to do that on all AD accounts.

Comment

I am trying to change a postal address, you are right.
      Just one more question before I use admodify...is it going to change the same entry as if I would go to AD, properties and address? I have done that already for one account and it did change in AD but when I go to any desktop and then to address book and go to properties and general there is still the same address?

Thanks...

Comment

you may need to update your global address list for the new changes to appear...
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by jabadiah View Post
          I am trying to change a postal address, you are right.
          Just one more question before I use admodify...is it going to change the same entry as if I would go to AD, properties and address? I have done that already for one account and it did change in AD but when I go to any desktop and then to address book and go to properties and general there is still the same address?

Thanks...
          Restart Outlook on the clients machine or disable cached exchange mode and then the client will be forced to retrieve its address book from Exchange. The Recepient update schedule is constant in 2003 so the change should be seen straight away.

Comment

It worked out fine the first time. I just needed some time to wait for update to post. Thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X