No announcement yet.

Windows 7 Redirection/roaming profile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Redirection/roaming profile

I donít know if this goes here or in the windows 7 section, but I was trying to redirect the documents folder on a windows 7 on 2003 domain, I figured how to do it manually by going into the users folder and right clicking on the folder I wanted to redirect, but what if I wanted to do it thru the 2003 policy will it work since theres more folders an are structured diffrently? Will also roaming profiles work in 2003 with windows 7?

Re: Windows 7 Redirection/roaming profile

There is a group policy for redirecting folders built in in SBS 2003 - it is turned on by a wizard in the Users section of Server Manager. I am pretty sure it will work for Win7 also.
    WRT roaming profiles - IMHO they have never "worked". Thsy have always slowed down a login and dramatically increased Network Traffic to the annoyance of the users. Much better to redirect Documents, Favourites and Desktop as per above GPO - as I say, IMHO!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.