SBS 2008 connecting clients via connect website with a sonicwall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 connecting clients via connect website with a sonicwall

We share an internet connection with a company next door. They use a sonicwall with dhcp turned on. I do not have access to the sonicwall. I have had to manually add pc's to our domain and transfer their profile from local to the domain profile. I would like to be able to use the connect website to add new pc's to the domain. companyweb and connect work fine from the server. When I try connect in the web browser from any pc including ones that are a member of the domain it is not found. I believe its because there is no dns entry in the sonicwall for our server. I have tried adding the server ip in the dns list on the pc, i tried adding the server to the host file on the pc and none of this works. Could someone please tell me how i can get companyweb or connect to resolve properly from any pc in our network? Thanks

Re: SBS 2008 connecting clients via connect website with a sonicwall

quick update.

ok from a pc that is a member of the domain i can get to http://companyweb/default.aspx but if i just type companyweb in the browser or connect it doesn't find it.

Comment

How much does a Firewall/Sonicwall and Internet Connection cost? You are probably better of with your own Fixed IP also.
      In any case, it probably costs less than you futzing around trying to make something that can't work, work!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I finally talked them into ordering a managed T1 from ATT. It isn't installed yet and I have moved a few of the pc's over to the domain manually. I need to move the president of the company's pc over to the domain and I hate doing it manually especially because I don't want to lose his profile. I guess I will just tell him to wait until the T1 is installed.

Thanks

Comment

Why are you doing what manually? UTFW! SBS gives you a wizard TTBOMK not found anywhere else that gives you a "website" called /connect which runs a wizard that will let you copy a local user profile to a new domain profile. Are you running without your computers joined to the domain? Or am I missing the big picture here?
          Last edited by teiger; 10th December 2009, 00:18. Reason: Mixing up SBS2003 and SBS2008 terminology!
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X