3rd Party Certificates Not working.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Party Certificates Not working.

I am stuck. I am doing an SBS Swing Migration from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. In SBS 2003 I used Self-signed Certs that were issued to server2.domain.com. Those Certs work fine for my Outlook/Exchange because I installed them on every machine that needed it. For our Sharepoint I just told the users to ignore the Cert Warning.
    I have decided and use 3rd Party Certs. I got them from Register.com. They sent me a Certificate.crt, two intermediates and a Root_certificate.crt.
    I used the Wizard to generate the CSR, then install their first Cert with it. I then used the import function of the MMC Snap-in for the Intermediates in order: Certificates (Local Computer) -> Intermediate Certification Authorities-> Certificates – only one shows up now. Then finally, imported the Root into the Third-Party Root Certificate (did not know where to put it so I placed it in -> Certificates (Local Computer) -> Third-Party Root Certification Authorities.)
    Needless to say, it doesn’t work. No one seems to know what to do. Register.com says they won’t support anything outside their system. They did send me a doc from Comodo.com that show you how to bind the Certs to IIS. When I did it, IIS hung!
    I want to make everything as seamless as I can. No need to install Certs for Outlook. No warning when my users go to https://server2.domain.com:444 for Sharepoint or any web site on the server – and no need to add Certs to mobile phones.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks!
    P.S. How do I uninstall what I have already done too? I suppose I made a mess.

Re: 3rd Party Certificates Not working.

I think you have. but anyway we are here to help each other.
    Check this link: http://www.netometer.com/video/tutor...cate-sbs-2008/ it is a screencast about installing certificates . hope that this will help you a bit in the correct way
    rgds Marco

Comment

Re: 3rd Party Certificates Not working.

Hey

the certificates in sbs 2008 are different to the certificates in sbs 2003 if you browse to you public share folder you will find a folder called install self assiged certificates or somethign along those lines! just install and away you go!

Comment

Working...
      X