No announcement yet.

Event ID 40961, LSASRV, SPNEGA (negotiator) errors client side

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 40961, LSASRV, SPNEGA (negotiator) errors client side

Hi guys,

I am having a slight problem that i can find info about but nothing specific to my issue.

SBS 2003 with exchange 2003 installed.

Office normally goes home at 5.30 but sometimes the MD stays late.

It doesnt happen every time but its becoming a frequent problem in that just before 7pm he loses connectivity with exchange in his Outlook 2003.

Now his event log shows 2 errors within 1 second of each other.

Source: LSASRV
    Category: SPNEGO (negotiator)
    Event ID: 40961

Security system could not establish a secure connection with the server exchangeMDB/domain name
    No authentication protocol was available

Source: Outlook
    Category: None
    Event ID: 26

Connection to the exchange server has been lost. Outlook will attempt to restore connectivity when possible.

Then when his auto send/recieve kicks in he is prompted for a password which of course isnt going to accept anything he puts in.

I have asked that the next time it happens to check if he can still browse network shares and see if a reboot fixes it.
    I have asked that the next time he stays late that another member of staffs machine is left logged in so i can see if its network wide or specific to his machine at the same time that his machine goes offline.

Until then does anybody have any ideas as to what is casuing this?

Lots of google searches all point to DNS issues with reverse lookup zones but this particualr zone appears correct and all local IP settings on the client machine are fine (statically assigned)

Kind Regards