No announcement yet.

Windows SBS 2003 Block Services (HELP!!)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows SBS 2003 Block Services (HELP!!)

Hi Firends,

Iīve a big problem.

I have a software running on sql server in a 2003 SBS Server.
    Sometimes the users call me to tell that the software is blocked.

When i go to My PC, to Z:\ (the folder mapped on the server) explorer is blocked.
    When i try to enter the server by TS (mstsc), the server not respond,
    When i ping the server, i get a correct answer.

When i go physically to the server i wrote (Ctrl+Alt+Sup) the user and password and the server still hours starting session. I have to reset them to back to the normally services.

This problem reports to me stay in the office because i canīt enter remotely to reset, only with the button.

I saw the "visor de sucesos" i think is "Event Viewer" and didnīt see any stranger event, only problem with Win HTTP Proxy Discover... and lssmgr (i can use 20 ~ 25 users) and i am in the limit.

Can services block in consequence of that?

Thanks an B. regards,

Re: Windows SBS 2003 Block Services (HELP!!)

Can you explain in more clarity the exact nature of the problem as its not that apparent from your description.

Re: Windows SBS 2003 Block Services (HELP!!)

Do you perhaps mean llsmgr instead of lssmgr? (llsmgr is the CAL licensing manager). If yes then see here

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.