Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN Issue

Hi,

Iím new to this forum, so first off Iíd like to say hi.

Now I have a SBS 2008 server, it has two network cards with one being disabled. It currently has AD role enabled, File Services, Print Server, RRAS (only running VPN).

I have configured RRAS with a simple dial in VPN connection, forwarded the ports through the router, and made sure GRE is allowed.

I can connect to the VPN just fine, and connect to the file shares of other computers, but when I try browse to the server it times out.

The server's ip address is 192.168.10.1, I can ping that address over the VPN, I can ping domain.local and it resolves the server ip address, I can ping the server name and it resolves the IP address.

I have also ensured the user account has rights to dial in, and has permissions to browse the server.

Any ideas? I am completely stumped.

Thanks in advance.

Re: VPN Issue

You may need WINS (still!)
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I can't even browse via the IP address it comes up with the following;

\\192.168.10.1

The specified network name is no longer available.

Comment

Stupid Question! Have you enabled file & print sharing both on the server and the firewall on the NIC?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X