Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't connect to Vista Host via RWW (SBS 2003)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to Vista Host via RWW (SBS 2003)

Slowly replacing XP Pro with Vista Bus in some SBS 2003 sites, but now find users can no longer connect to their computer using Remote Web Workplace.

Connecting to XP Pro workstations is no problem over RWW- users just cannot connect to Vista workstations.

However, I can connect to the Vista workstations via mstsc from the Server console, so Remote Desktop Connections are allowed on the Vista host computers.

There must be a simple fix, but could not find anything obvious by Googling or searching here.

Could someone please enlighten me- and can this be fixed by a GPO instead of configuring each new Vista workstation?

Thanks

Re: Can't connect to Vista Host via RWW (SBS 2003)

Have you tried a firmware upgrade of your Router?
    Have you added the SBS RWW URL into the Trusted Sites in IE?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

1. Replacing the router today as it does seem to run out of memory often requiring a reboot. (Might be an issue, but then why does it work okay to XP Pro destination computers?)

2. I'm not sure I understand what you mean- The client (source) computers have the self-signed SBS cert installed, and the Vista (destination) computers were joined to SBS domain using 'connectcomputer' wizard (which I believe installs the SBS cert locally as well?)

Like I said though, there is no problem connecting to any of the XP Pro destination computers via RWW, only the Vista Bus destination computers are the problem.

Weird, because I can connect via Remote Desktop Client to the Vista destination computers from the server console or from other computers on the LAN.

Comment

Have a look at the windows firewall on the Vista host. Matter of fact just disable it all together. It may be blocking port 4125 which is what RWW proxies on from the SBS server.

Comment

Originally posted by 1TB
          2. I'm not sure I understand what you mean
          Have you added the RWW URL into the yellow highlighted section in Internet Explorer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ie-trusted-sites.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	464222
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X