No announcement yet.

I'm trying to VPN 2 servers [Was: Vpn]

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to VPN 2 servers [Was: Vpn]

Hello Im trying to vpn 2 servers. I have vpn setup on the main server. I can connect to it just fine. Now i want to connect my branch office server to always be connected to my main server. I think i need to do it through demand-dial. Is tha correct?

Re: Vpn

You'd probably be better off with a pair of VPN routers - makes life far easier.

Also, please can you pick a more descriptive thread title next time please
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Vpn

Not sure I agree about using routers - rather depends on the router. I've done it with Netgears using IPSec tunnels which was pretty straightforward. The same setup using a Pix 501 and 515 was less fun than drowning.

It's certainly do-able using RRAS and Demand Dial to create a site-to-site VPN, although it's much easier if you have ISA Server at both ends too. This Microsoft article should help.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      Cruachan's Blog