No announcement yet.

All Users folder for certin users

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Users folder for certin users

Hi I have a WIndows Server 2003 domain and I need to make a all users folder for certin users like one group needs to apply to one folder to get start menu items like outlook in folder OFFICE APPS etc. and another group needs a differnet settings like start menu with a folder called OFFICE APPS with no outlook etc. however when the user logs in LOCALLY I need it to show the defualt start menu settings settings like all programs Microsoft Office 2003 how do I do that

Re: All Users folder for certin users

Look up Folder Redirection using Group Policy. It's usually used to relocate a user's Start Menu (for example) to their own subfolder of a network share, such as

Try instead redirecting to

Keep in mind that anything in the All Users start menu on each machine will still appear.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.