Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• group policy re: firewall in a specific port

hi all

Please show me the way or describe how would i set group policy on the small business server on a domain so that other machines fire walls would allow a specific port to be open on the other machine being controlled by Small Business Server?

i appreciate very much if someone can assist or share their expertise on this subject.

cheers!

Re: group policy re: firewall in a specific port

I'm sure if you Google "group policy firewall exception" you'll find everything you need.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      I'm sure if you Google "group policy firewall exception" you'll find everything you need

hmmmmm

very good suggestion gforceindustries

however, its good if someone with experience with this kind of scenario can directly give info.

but any way, yur the man

cheers!

Comment

If you have any problems, then we'll be pleased to help with those. I firmly believe though that the best way for someone to learn something like this is to research and try it out.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I agree with Gareth on this one but often the hardest part is getting the correct search phrase typed into

Once you nail the search phrase, you can frequently find a step by step guide for what you want to do.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X