No announcement yet.

SBS 2008 maintenance has stopped working [Was: Strange thing happened.....]

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 maintenance has stopped working [Was: Strange thing happened.....]

Install of SBS 2008 went perfect. Configuration, everything.

Took to clients site, started adding users and computers to the domain. EASY so far.

Another Net Admin to be added, added him with username and password which had to be changed at first logon. Log on to the server he does. I am still adding other PC's at this point.

Fast forward a few hours, everything running smooth and I am in heaven. Long onto the DC and my username is in italics, strange thinks I. No big deal I can change that later...he thinks...

As my desktop loads the SBS console start to open with and error has stopped working. WHAT????

Try again..same thing, try safe mode, same thing. Little research to find try appwiz.cpl, change Windows small business server 2008 Guess what...Windows SBS 2008 maintenance has stopped working. WTF is going on here.

Look in event viewer, ummm NO as MMC crashes everytime.

I have NO CLUE where to look or start on this one. Short of re-installing SBS 2008 that is. Would not like that as an option but a last resort if need be.

Sorry, stupidly I did not take a backup before I started teh domain confige. DUH on my part I agree.

Any pointers PLEASE?

Thank you..

Re: Strange thing happened.....

Is this a brand new install?

Whats the full error message you receive?

Even with a backup, if this is a brand new install I wouldnt restore because you could have a similar problem.

Re: SBS 2008 maintenance has stopped working [Was: Strange thing happened.....]

YES, it is a brand new install. Up and running for two weeks now. Biggest problem is, they are three hour drive away

The full error message for the consol is;
      Windows SBS 2008 Console has stopped working, Check for a solution online...there is no solution as of yet.
      The details of the error are..
      Stopped working
      Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01: console.exe
      Problem Signature 02: 6.0.5601.8497
      Problem Signature 03: 4a612b8b
      Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
      Problem Signature 05:
      Problem Signature 06: 475777fa
      Problem Signature 07: 20d1
      Problem Signature 08: 10
      Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.
      Locale ID: 1033

For event logs;
      MMC has detected an error in the MMC and will unload it.
      Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
      Exception Type.
      at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
      at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
      at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.FormView.InternalIniti alize()
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.HandleInitializat ionRequest(IRequestStatus requestStatus)
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Re quest request)
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.Proc essRequest(Request request)
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClien t.ProcessRequest(Request request)
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatu s.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInReques tOperation.ProcessRequest()
      at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.On ThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

I am hoping you can make sense of this and THANK you for trying.

Hello Mark,
        I am wondering what may have happened here. Did you re-install?
        I have a similar error with the console after a software vendor has installed and configured his software. Then left!
        I had not completed many setup tasks - DHCP Scope via "Connect to the Network" etc.
        Very frustrating.
        My error is CLr20r3 on Console.Exe.
        It won't start in safe mode.
        Recovery (From DVD) also uses the Console.exe. (Egg & Chicken?)
        I am interested in any news.

Not able to repair this and searching brings no results. It is going to be a rebuild but, being a live system, I have to plan this one out carefully.

Should you find anything please let me know.

Have you called Microsoft CSS/PSS? It might be worth wasting the cost of a call (or using a free one if you have technet or other such contract)

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.