File Copy error dialog during logon script execution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Copy error dialog during logon script execution

After upgrading SBS2003 to latest R2 and security updates all my users get an error dialog right after the drives are mapped during the logon script execution. (The script command box is minimized) I added an Adobe 8.13 application install to the client application installation and this had been working fine. All the users had the install package on their desktops. The error dialog is "The system cannot copy a file from the server to this computer. Make sure the network cables and devices are plugged in and functioning properly, then try again to join this computer to the network.
    I deleted the Adobe application from the server but still get the error.
    After clicking OK the client is able to work normally with no issues.
    How do I get rid of this error.

Re: File Copy error dialog during logon script execution

What OS are the clients using?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

All clients are using XP pro service pack 3 with all the updates.
      I tried a Vista client machine and it get the same error.
      This started happening after SBS2003 Microsoft updates were installed and one of them was an update to be able to use Vista clients .

Comment

Do you know that Vista does not allow mappings from a login script. it has to do with the permissions level the script logs in under. I can't find the reference for it just now, but if you keep Googling (Bingling ?) you my also find it.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
          Do you know that Vista does not allow mappings from a login script. it has to do with the permissions level the script logs in under. I can't find the reference for it just now, but if you keep Googling (Bingling ?) you my also find it.
          Are you referring to mapping drives via a logon script, such as:

Net Use P: \\server\share

If so, I don't think you're statement is correct as I have several Vista clients who getted mapped drives to network shares via logon scripts with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            Are you referring to mapping drives via a logon script, such as:

Net Use P: \\server\share

If so, I don't think you're statement is correct as I have several Vista clients who getted mapped drives to network shares via logon scripts with no issues.
            Could it be that UAC is disabled? Are the user local admins?

For a reference about this issue (tracked by bug 1575721), search for launchapp.wsf on this page http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...08(WS.10).aspx

Originally posted by James Finnigan [MSFT], posted in: [url=http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-vista-all/18957-login-scripts-vs-uac.html#post88560]Re: Login scripts vs UAC[/url]

Windows Vista:
            <cut...>

User Group Policy Scripts can be run either in LUA mode or elevated mode.

1. LUA/UAP mode:
            Script runs in the context of the LUA token. if the script calls into any code that might need elevation, a LUA prompt will be generated. User will need to interact with the prompt to continue - This will create complications in various script modes like async/hidden mode.

2. Elevated mode:
            Script runs in the context of full admin token.
            Certain operations like drive mapping has issues. A drive mapped in this
            mode is not visible to the user his/herself after logged in.

You might try getting the logon script to run as both elevated and non-elevated admin and mapping the drives in both.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckak View Post
              After upgrading SBS2003 to latest R2 and security updates all my users get an error dialog right after the drives are mapped during the logon script execution. (The script command box is minimized) I added an Adobe 8.13 application install to the client application installation and this had been working fine. All the users had the install package on their desktops. The error dialog is "The system cannot copy a file from the server to this computer. Make sure the network cables and devices are plugged in and functioning properly, then try again to join this computer to the network.
              I deleted the Adobe application from the server but still get the error.
              After clicking OK the client is able to work normally with no issues.
              How do I get rid of this error.
              What have you found and tried so far?

Stumbled up multiple 'possible solutions' on each of these two pages:
              http://forums.techarena.in/small-bus...ver/614041.htm (in the end solved by firewall configuration)
              http://www.experts-exchange.com/.../Q_23516024.html (in the end solved by by recreating the local copy of the roaming profile from the server copy)

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
              and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I have tried deleting all of the add on applications except the default ones that you cannot delete. Still same issue.
                There was a reference to this issue after one of the Microsoft updates but I cannot find it now. I have searched the Microsoft knowledge base with no results also.

Comment

Working...
                X