No announcement yet.

Global Transport Settings

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Transport Settings

First post, hopefully in the right place? Problem is that the default EMail attachment size is 10Mb and I wish to increase this globally to 20Mb. The snip below should give the route but when I attempt to do this, from the command prompt, the Get-transportconfig command is not recognised. Has anyone else come across this or have a solution?

Global Transport Settings

Get-TransportConfig displays global transport settings for all Hub and Edge Transport servers in the Exchange Organization. By default, there is a 10MB size limit on send and receive. This will override all other less restrictive message size limit settings set elsewhere.
    NOTE: Exchange 2007 considers message submission to the store driver as a “send” operation. Therefore, if you are attempting to receive an email message on an SBS 2008 server from the internet that is greater than the MaxSendSize of the global transport configuration, delivery will fail
    Get-TransportConfig | ft MaxSendSize, MaxReceiveSize
    Set-TransportConfig –MaxSendSize 20MB –MaxReceiveSize 20MB

Re: Global Transport Settings

Not sure about answering my own question? Just found this earlier reply to a similar question which is essentially the same. However, when I run Powershell on SBS2008 from the DOS prompt it returns unknown command in response to 'Get-TransportConfig' ... help.

This was the answer

Using Powershell...

Set-TransportConfig -MaxReceiveSize 15MB

Set-TransportConfig -MaxSendSize 20MB
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Re: Global Transport Settings

Well, you can't beat a good google - the real answer having tried to follow earlier 'answers' is that it is not PowerShell that is required but the Exchange Server Shell - that does work with SBS 2008. Hope this helps others.

In Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), the condition that cause the organization limits and the global limits to conflict has been eliminated. Changes that you make to the organizational limits are automatically copied to the corresponding global limits. In Exchange 2007 SP1, you can modify the organizational limits by using the Set-TransportConfig cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell, or by configuring the Hub Transport server organization configuration properties in the Exchange Management Console.