Time Events on SBS 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Events on SBS 2008

I am having some strange behavior on my SBS 2008 Standard machine. About every 30 to 45 minutes or so I get the following w32time events. I have switched the time server several times without success. I have also unregistered the service completely and re-registered it with the same outcome:

Log Name: System
    Source: W32Time
    Date: 8/10/2009 1:30:24 PM
    Event ID: 142
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER.MYDOMAIN.local
    Description: The time service has stopped advertising as a time source because the local clock is not synchronized.

Date: 8/10/2009 1:30:24 PM
    Event ID: 50
    Level: Warning
    Description: The time service detected a time difference of greater than 5000 milliseconds for 900 seconds. The time difference might be caused by synchronization with low-accuracy time sources or by suboptimal network conditions. The time service is no longer synchronized and cannot provide the time to other clients or update the system clock. When a valid time stamp is received from a time service provider, the time service will correct itself.

AND THEN, TYPICALLY WITHIN 2 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS EVENT I SEE:

Date: 8/10/2009 1:32:20 PM
    Event ID: 139
    Level: Information
    Description: The time service has started advertising as a time source.

It does appear that the time service starts advertising almost immediately after it stops, so I believe my clients will be okay (Kerberos), but any idea why this is happening? Need I worry about it? As I previously stated, these events (usually all three very close together) occur every half hour or so on my server. Please advise and thanks in advance!

D

Re: Time Events on SBS 2008

Bump...

Comment

Re: Time Events on SBS 2008

Are you syncing with an external time source? If so, which?

Comment

Working...
      X