Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One hour difference in meetings from sources out of the organization

Hi,

I have a SBS 2003 installed with all SP and patches installed.

When setting a meeting inside the organization, all is good and there is no time difference between the original time of the meeting and the time displayed on the calender.
    However when someone out of the organization sets a meeting, we receive it with a 1 hour difference.
    All my clients are XP/Vista. The Check in "automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" is not set in all stations.
    We used TZEdit about 2 years ago and I think it solved the issue temporarily.
    Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Assaf

Re: One hour difference in meetings from sources out of the organization

I used to use TZEdit and prepare a registry fix for my clients to enable DST in Israel up until about 2 years ago. Now, however, thanks to Vista, MS has got the finger out and provided all the necessary daylight savings time patches for the whole world. Make sure that they are downloaded to your server and clients (Use MU or WSUS to help) and make sure the "Automatically adjust ......" check box IS set! Otherwise your whole organsation is operating at GMT +2:00 which is fine when you talk to yourselves, but, as you have discovered, you are an hour behind the rest of the world
    Last edited by teiger; 19th August 2009, 00:03. Reason: typos
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

the DST update would be the correct fix.

Jordan
      Jordan

IT Pro Evangelist
      (MICROSOFT-NORTEL-CISCO-ZYXEL)

Comment

Checking the "automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" on the server and all stations seems to have solved the problem. The only problem left is all the current meetings jumped 1 hour... That's already fixable.

Thanks for the help.
        Assaf

Comment

Working...
        X