Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certificate issue after change of external domain name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Certificate issue after change of external domain name

    I am running SBS 2008 patched up to date. I previously installed a Godaddy basic certificate and for the last 6 months everything was working fine.

    I recently needed to change the external domain name that I was using for RWW/OWA etc and in doing so purchased and installed a new basic certificate.

    Since then RWW/OWA etc works fine, but Outlook 2007 reports that the certificate does not match the website name.

    Trawling the net I get the impression that the problem is with autodiscover which I know that Outlook and Exchange use. I have changed the website addresses in Outlook to match the certificate but the certificate warnings still persist.

    Can anyone point me at instructions on how to resolve this problem.

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Certificate issue after change of external domain name

    Hi Kevin,

    Did you correctly remove the old certificate in iis ?
    further you said that corrected the new url in outlook
    did you also corrected it in exchange?

    Marco

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Certificate issue after change of external domain name

      Hi Marco,

      Thanks for responding

      I used the SBS wizard to add the new certificate and haven't touched IIS or Exchange.

      However, when I run Test-OutlookWebServices in Exchange powershell the URLs displayed are for the old domain not the new one.

      If I remove the existing web services virtual directories and recreate them, will this resolve the issue?

      Thanks
      Kevin

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Certificate issue after change of external domain name

        Hi Kevin did you read this?


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Certificate issue after change of external domain name

          Hi Marco,

          Thanks for identifying this article. I hadn't read it, but having looked through it seems to refer to ActiveSync. There is also another article here specifically for autodiscover http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa998277.aspx but both these articles involve working with Exchange directly which seems to bypass the purpose of the SBS environment which is to make everything wizard based and aimed at non technical people.

          I guess my concern is if I start fiddling in Exchange which articles are most likely to fix my problem or will I end up in a worse mess.

          There does appear to be a hole in the SBS wizards for people who need to change external domains. I'm starting to think it might be easier just to reinstall.

          Thanks for your help so far

          Kevin

          Comment

          Working...
          X