Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block All Web sites accept one

Hi ,

We are using a sbs2000 , isa 2000 . Now we do have one odd requirement that we need to block all sites accept one e.g abc.com and 1.abc.com ...so how can i implement it. although i blocked some of the mail sites and but in my case specially for marketing ..i want to block all sites accept 2 site...

Please help ....

Re: Block All Web sites accept one

I have no experience of ISA 2000 but it should as simple as changing the internet access rule destination from External to the sites you want to allow.

It's simple in ISA 2004/6 but I have heard that ISA 2000 is rather more confusing.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hi ,

It might be possible with ISA2004 or ISA2006 . but as i do have isa 2000 can anyone help me out in this platform only ...

Thanks

Comment

Is ISA setup as a Firewall or as a Cache for Proxy? If as a Firewall, then you should be able to add a Rule just like ISA 2004.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It's easily done with ISA 2004 and ISA 2006.
          ISA 2000 is end of support, at least the mainstream support. I already asked you earlier, isn't it time to upgrade?

Anyhow, check this out:
          http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/M..._22712495.html

Originally posted by keith_alabaster
          In the ISA GUI, set up new Destination Set (Internet Security and Acceleration Server --> Servers and Arrays --> <servername> --> Policy Elements --> Destination Sets
          Call it 'Allowed Websites' and click OK.
          Add the URLS you want to allow and save it.

Then create a rule for Allowed Websites under Internet Security and Acceleration Server --> Servers and Arrays --> <servername> --> Access Policy --> Site and Content Rules
          Create a new rule, and define it as follows:
          Name: Allow outbound web Rule Action: Allow)
          Apply to: Specified Destination Set, select your Destination Set from #1
          Use this Schedule: Always
          Apply the rule to requests from: Any Request
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for suggesting the same link what i need to check but on this site its was asking for the paid membership on that domain ..so if someone is having a paid membership on http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/M..._22712495.html please browse the URL and paste the solution here ...it will be a great help ...

Thanks ...

Comment

Originally posted by nehanda View Post
              please browse the URL and paste the solution here ...it will be a great help
              Dumber already has.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by nehanda View Post
                Hi ,

Thanks for suggesting the same link what i need to check but on this site its was asking for the paid membership on that domain ..so if someone is having a paid membership on http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/M..._22712495.html please browse the URL and paste the solution here ...it will be a great help ...

Thanks ...
                If you search the Home Page there is a link that will allow you to join for free. However there are many solutions that you can't see unless you have a paid subscription. Posting the URL to such a solution will only present you with a logon screen. You need to decide if having a tool like EE is worth buying.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi ,

Not able to find the free membership subscription ...any way please suggest some other steps ...please ...

Thanks ...

Comment

Did the steps shown in Dumber's post not work?
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Sorry guys! Asking about how to join EE here is way and asking someone who is a member to paste the solution here is (probably) a violation of terms and agreement. Please take it off-line and not in this forum.
                      Last edited by teiger; 26th July 2009, 10:38. Reason: Typos
                      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                      http://www.wintra.co.il/
                      sigpic
                      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                      X