Sharepoint Databases in SBS 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint Databases in SBS 2008

We installed SBS 2008 and the Sharepoint databases are in SQL 2005. Cured the search problem which everybody else has, but now my SBS BPA tells me that the log files on the Config database (which has a long name with hyphens in it) have grown to over 1GB. SO, I thought, change the recovery mode from FULL to SIMPLE. But the SP Content and Config database have a NULL owner if I do a SP_HELPDB. So I can't right click on the database in SQL Server Management Express and change the recovery mode, and I can't use the 'ALTER AUTHORIZATION' command because it doesn't like the hyphens. How do I regain control over the disk space??

Re: Sharepoint Databases in SBS 2008

Why not backup the database and transaction log? Then try a shrink db and shrink file operation if it's still at it's present size.

Also, with the recovery model set to Full, are you performing any type of regular backups? If not, the transaction log is going to continue to cause the same problem unless you regularly back it up.

Comment

Re: Sharepoint Databases in SBS 2008

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions... I backed up the database and the log files and now the log files are 5% utilised. But when I try and shrink them (using shrink database and shrink files) they stick at 1GB big. I think I will just live with it..

The BPA seems to be a bit flakey at any rate. It just gave me a warning about DNS CNAME configuration which went away after a reboot...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X