Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Moving Exchange Logs

Hi ,

We are using Exchange 2000 , SBS 2000 . We do have the transection log files and DB is in differant partition of same HDD .Now suddenly our hdd's one of the partition goes not readable and in which my Exchange Transaction log files are loaded. Due to that i am not able to mount the Database even . Now i have try to move the location of this transection log files to the another HDD but it asking me to shutdown the Databse and dismount it properly . So in my case although my database is not mounted and now i can not move my log files to the another partition.

I do have the backup of my exchange , so can anyone suggest me how to come up from this situation. Do i install the another drive and make the same partion and restore the transection logs to that partiotn and then try to mount the DB.

Please Help .....

Thanks

Re: About Moving Exchange Logs

Rather odd scenario. The encouraged configuration is to have your transaction logs written to a seperate physical disc for reliability. Having them written to the same disc but on a diffrent partition is pointless.

You will need to restore your exchange from your backup to a working disc. Once that is completed ensure you have another seperate physical disc available to point the logs too to prevent this occurence again.

Comment

Re: About Moving Exchange Logs

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
      Once that is completed ensure you have another seperate physical disc available to point the logs too to prevent this occurence again.
      And use RAID - a RAID 1 configuration is better than nothing - or if the budget will allow, using RAID 5 or RAID 10. Compare various RAID levels and choose the best one for you.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X