Printer Cue Wont Delete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Cue Wont Delete

Hey guys, i have a sbs2003 server, and printers installed. What happens is that i have a stuck document in the printing cue. I select delete, it shown a message saying that it deleting, but it doesent disapier. As all know, restarting a mail exchange server isint good, is there any other way that i can make that document dissapear ?

Regards
    Kevin

Re: Printer Cue Wont Delete

Restarting the print spooler service normally works
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thx Allot ossian, never thought about that, and it worked. Thx allot for your time, 1 more point for you

Regards
      Kevin

Comment

Another neat tip browse to the spooler directory under system32 and remove the stale job
        (providing the print spooler service is stopped) from the printers directory.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
          Thx Allot ossian, never thought about that, and it worked. Thx allot for your time, 1 more point for you

Regards
          Kevin
          No problem -- glad to help!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'm a bit late to help you with this but i keep a little batch file on the desktop of my print servers with this in them

Code:
            net stop spooler && net start spooler
            which stops and restarts the spooler service for me.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, very usefull, thx to both of you.

Regards
              Kevin

Comment

Working...
              X