No announcement yet.

ExBPA scan results

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExBPA scan results

I ran the Exchange Best Practice Analyzer and it returned a few errors that I think are inaccurate. I did a check for updates to make sure I had the latest vesion; I have the latest version.
    Here is a list of errors it returned:
    *Certificate Principal mismatch: I am not sure if that is the case, being that I am not having any SSL issues. The only remotely associated or relevant issue is I am having trouble getting users with Palm Centros to sync emails using EAS
    *Incorrect application pool is selected>
    The application pool 'SBS Web Applications application pool' is selected for virtual directory '/LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT/OAB'
    I am of the thinking this is also inaccurate, being that all this is setup via the wizard during installation and configuration. I get the sense that if I change to the defaultapplication pool, the sharepoint stuff will or might stop working
    *Disable MAPI clients warning: Again, the registry show that versions 0.0.0-5.3164.0 is disabled. I believe that is a satisfactory setting to accomplish blocking very early versions of Outlook, and that versions 6,7,8 are not blocked.
    * Crash upload logging disabled: I do not see the option to able or disable that option on the properties of the server configuration wizard under the general tab.
    Any and all help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Re: ExBPA scan results

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing Microsoft didn't update the Exchange Best Practice Analyzer for Small Business Server. I say this because the entire concept of Small Business Server breaks some "standard best practices", like not having your Exchange and Domain Controller being the same machine.

My philosophy is that if it works and doesn't seem to present a massive security hole, ignore analysis! I really wouldn't think twice about the results, but that's just me.