Delay with client computers since SBS 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay with client computers since SBS 2008

Just recently installed SBS 2008, following their very old 2003 standard box giving up

I had removed all the computers from the old domain (which was configured incorrectly) and also changed the networks IP range to one that SBS would install on

SBS installed ok, all setup (except the external SSL cert), clients added to the domain, every is ok except the following

on any client pc, when they click on start and then control panel, or printers or network connections, there is a delay of 30-60 seconds before the folders open

Also if you press windows key & E, it takes the same to bring up explorer

If you navigate the server and shares using my computer, it displays the folders and files straight away as expected, however when you try to open a document or spreadsheet, again there is a 30-60 second delay and then word will launch and the document opens

Can anyone suggest anything?

I have been through the registry on the machines and removed any old references of the old server name, but its still the same and the client is not very happy

Thanks

Re: Delay with client computers since SBS 2008

For shure it's trying to contact the other machine, probably dns problem ? cleaned dns cache ?

Comment

Are there any old server mappings in My Computer? If so, remove them.

Comment

no old mappings as these are setup as new users with new profiles, i have flushed the local dns cache on each machine and the sbs GPO's are working fine too

I am unable to determine what is causing the delay

any other suggestions?

I am thinking of adding a brand new virtual machine to their network and seeing if that also experiences the same issues

If it doesnt, does that mean Im going to have to rebuild all of their machines?

Comment

Did you rejoin them to the domain as the same name? You could perhaps try renaming one and see what happens. Also, double check that there are no local Group Policies that are still being processed.

Comment

I have renamed all of the computers before joining them to the new domain and I also used the http://connect url to join them to the domain

Comment

Were you using DFS previously?

Comment

Hi Joe, no, DFS was not in place previously

Comment

Working...
                X