Sbs 2008 faq's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbs 2008 faq's

Hello people, since im deploying a sbs2008 server, the things i know that probably are know as FAQ i will put infos here. Anyone that has infos can just add.

Faq:

Q: How do i install sbs 2008 cal's ?
    A: In SBS 2008 you do not install the CALs onto the server. You should place the CALs in a safe or somewhere similar where they will not get lost, damaged, or stolen.

Q: How Many Clientes can you have in SBS 2008?
    A: It stays the same of SBS 2003, 75 Users/Computers.

Q: How is The Licencing in SBS 2008 ?
    A: User and device CALs will be available in two types of license Suites. The first type, Windows Small Business Server 2008 CAL Suite, provides licensing for the Standard Edition product technologies, and provides licensing for access to other computers running Windows Server 2008 and Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition on the network. This license may be used with Standard or Premium Edition of Windows Small Business Server 2008, and is best for users or devices that do not require access to the Premium Edition technologies.

The second type, Windows Small Business Server 2008 CAL Suite for Premium Users or Devices, provides licensing for Standard Edition and Premium Edition technologies, including SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition. The Premium CAL Suite also provides licensing for access to other computers running SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition on the network. This type of license is best for users or devices that require access to the Premium Edition technologies.

I will Be Adding more things every day if i can.

Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro
    Last edited by kevinguerreiro; 17th June 2009, 00:05.

Re: Sbs 2008 faq's

???
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/cc817589.aspx
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hmm well, i checked a Faq in MS Webpage, and did't have allot as infos as that page you gave, so was joining some infos. Well in that case, just leaving that link will do the trick.

Kevin

Comment

Perhaps you want to maintain your personal FAQ page in Portuguese and post it for the locals as well as the Brazilian market. Just remember to provide the link to the technet official one in English also.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X