Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBS2003, System State Restore, Exchange problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003, System State Restore, Exchange problem.

Greetings all

Due to defective hardware, i had to reinstall a SBS2003 and do a System State restore (NTbackup).
    I might add;the system have been reinstalled in identical hardware, and the client does not have the ASR floppy.

After a system state restore i have various problems which prevent Exchange in starting up.

Here is what i have tried:
    Reinstall the complete SBS2003, booted up in AD mode and restored the System State, then i see the old users in the AD, but the IIS does not start up, therefore the is Exchange not starting either.
    When i try to start the IIS service i get the error -2146893813
    I have tried to uninstall and install the IIS again, but i get verious errors so it seams like a show stopper

The SBS2003 have the same SP as which was uses when the System State was backed up.
    Do i need to patch the SBS2003 with the same patches which was in use when the System State was backed up (this might be dificult to do) ?

Does anybody have a roadmap on how to restore a SBS2003?
    Alternative a suggestion on how to export the information from the Exchange store, so i can import it to a new/fresh SBS installation.

From various arcticles i can see that some people is suggesting that you just install the Server (Cd1), then roll in the System State, and from there you do the rest of the SBS installation.
    This have been tried too, but then i get the error from the SBE-setup program that "This OEM version of 2003 can not be upgrade to a SBS 2003"

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, OM

Re: SBS2003, System State Restore, Exchange problem.

Uninstalling and reinstalling IIS on SBS will probably break a lot of things even more as a lot of SBS requires things to be set right in SBS.

Are you getting any useful information from the event viewer logs?

Comment

No, the logs is not providing with much information, matter afact the IIS error is not even showing up.

But i might have found a roadmap to use for restore the exchange data:
      http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...ght=export+pst
      And this: http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downl...S_database.pdf
      Which is more or less the same as the above, just outlined in a step by step way.

If anybody have an other approache for restoring, i'll be glad to hear about.

Thanks OM

Comment

Greetings all,

Just a quick note to let you all know the guide fram AnwersThatwork, was the right ticket.
        Beside a few mails (the store must have been corupted) everyting have been restored ect.

Link to the guide:
        http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downl...S_database.pdf

Case closed

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X