Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 Premium (inc SQL) on a single server

Hi!

Not having very much experience on Windows world, I was wondering if it is possible to run SBS 2008 Premium with SQL on a single Server?
    I read everywhere one should not install the SBS's SQL server in a domain
    controller, but in a second server, and therefore the Premium has additional
    server installation DVD.

Also our sw supplier wishes that the SQL server would be V 2005, just to be on the safe side. Can one downgrade the SQL 2008 to 2005 in SBS 2008 Premium?

I was also wondering how can the price for W2k8 std + SQL server for 20 users be app 2000Ä higher than the price for 20 user SBS 2008 Premium?

Regards
    Heimo
    Finland

Re: SBS 2008 Premium (inc SQL) on a single server

Talking about SQL 2005, I just found out SBS 2008 Pre contains
    SQL 2008, and also SQL 2005 servers, for customers who need the 2005.
    Heimo

Comment

Hello There, just installed the sbs2008 premium, it contains a dvd with sql2008, and i can confirm that it will only let you install it if it isin't installed on a DC. But it comes with 2 extra dvd's, sql2005 in x86 and x64 , so no problem with that. Hope i helped you.

Best Regards
      Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
        Hello There, just installed the sbs2008 premium, it contains a dvd with sql2008, and i can confirm that it will only let you install it if it isin't installed on a DC. But it comes with 2 extra dvd's, sql2005 in x86 and x64 , so no problem with that. Hope i helped you.

Best Regards
        Kevin Guerreiro
        Can anyone confirm that SQL 2005 32 bit can be installed in the 32 bit WoW subsystem on SBS 2008 ?

Thanks!

Brett

Comment

You can't do it on a single logical server, but you can install the "second" server on your physical server along with SQL and Hyper-V. You can then install your SBS into the virtual server as the first server - or other virtualisation scenarios.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X