Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMS 2003 - problems with sending mails

Hello,

i have a small problem regarding sending mails.

If I use any "non public" mail address like [email protected] the mail is sent and received my the other side. But, as soon as I use some "public" addresses like yahoo.com or gmail.com and my country internet provider t-com.hr the mail immediately returns back as been sent by the sys admin saying you are not allowed to send mails to this and that domain.....

i've been checking exchange part and also GPO but could not find anything.

Does somebody have some idea about this issue?

thanks in advance

korg
    Last edited by korg; 21st May 2009, 17:00.

Re: SBS 2003 - problems with sending mails

Can I confirm (as it is slightly confusing):
    You send emails from your server to john @ supercompany . com and it gets through
    You send emails from your server to fred @ yahoo . com and it comes back

If so, it sounds as if your IP address (or maybe your domain) is blacklisted with Yahoo and GMail

Try this link: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx to test if you are blacklisted
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tx for your answer.. i will check it tomorrow and will give un update .

korg

Comment

Hi,

yes the IP was blacklisted... but anyhow.. i have made some changes in the outgoing server properties..

korg

Comment

if your ISP offers a relay service it might be worth using as they will be
          a) unlikely to be blacklisted
          b) big enough to fight a blacklist if they are on it
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: SMS 2003 - problems with sending mails

Well, if you recieve an email form the administrator, stating that you are not allowed to send to that domain, most likely you have some rules set up in your SMTP Connector. Check that out

Usually, if you're on blacklists, you recieve an NDR stating that you are, and sometimes it tells you what RBL or blacklist rejected you/your IP address.

Comment

Working...
            X