hi
    i have wsus 3 sp1
    when i install him everything works
    but after few days i have an error massage:cant connect to the server
    after i reinstall wsus everything works again
    someone know about this issue?
    thanks.

Re: problame with wsus

Not specifically but having other problems with WSUS in the past, I have tended to uninstall WSUS, IIS etc. and then reinstalling IIS and then carrying out windows updates and then reinstalled WSUS.

Comment

how i can do that how to reinstall iis and all the applications you mention

Comment

Uninstall WSUS through Add / Remove programs
        Uninstall IIS through Add / Remove Windows components or Server Roles

Of course this is SBS so all sorts of problems -- you may want to run the SBS setup to reinstall e.g. companyweb, owa etc.

Wait for expert advice on SBS specific issues before you do anything!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

o.k it should resolve the problem?

Comment

Before you do it I saggest you to check what changes have been made after you installed wsus.
            Did you changed the IIS setting by installing another web site on it (sharepoint for example).
            Check that nothing works on ports of wss (if i remmember is port 80)

Comment

Please remember this is SBS, where everything interconnects.

On a normal server, the uninstall procedure I gave you would work

On an SBS, you can remove WSUS 3 without issues, but to remove IIS will break:
              Remote Web Workplace
              Outlook Web Access
              Sharepoint

Thats why I said to wait for some expert (SBS specific) advice
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i see, i won't do that until i will advice with expert of sbs
                thank a lot

Comment

Ossian is correct - not advisable to uninstall IIS in SBS! Lots of things rely on IIS, are integrated with it and are controlled by the wizards to keep it secure.

Have you got all the updates to WSUS itself since you (re-)installed it? Have you checked out everything on this aticle:http://blogs.msdn.com/sbsdocsteam/ar...4/455956.aspx? Have you checked if you have removed the SQL(MSDE) database before you re-install? Have you checked that WSUS in installing itself in IIS to port 8530 and not conflicting with other web sites?
                  Now you have got some homework to do
                  TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                  http://www.wintra.co.il/
                  sigpic
                  Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

o.k first im new in the system and i dont have a lot of experience
                    to your question
                    Have you checked if you have removed the SQL(MSDE) database before you re-install?-------no and actually i dont know how to do that and how to check that.
                    Have you checked that WSUS in installing itself in IIS to port 8530 and not conflicting with other web sites?i saw in iis folder that call wsus, when i click properties on it i see the port 8530 but how i check conflicting with other web sites?
                    thanks again

Comment

Please read. Please check out the link I gave you. Please check http://www.wsuswiki.com/WSUSOnSBS.
                      Please do your homework.
                      I realise you are new and don't have a lot of experience. If you don't want to read up and learn how to do it yourself, hire a professional with experience to help you.
                      Last edited by teiger; 12th May 2009, 14:42. Reason: Typo
                      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                      http://www.wintra.co.il/
                      sigpic
                      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

o.k thanks!

Comment

Sorry for my advice. I'll learn from this for another time. Glad you didn't uninstall IIS.

Comment

its o.k you just tried to hep me
                            thank you anyway
                            Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                            Sorry for my advice. I'll learn from this for another time. Glad you didn't uninstall IIS.

Comment

Working...
                            X