Sharepoint 3.0 & OWA/RWW exist on the same server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint 3.0 & OWA/RWW exist on the same server

So I installed Sharepoint 3.0 on my SBS Standard machine. I did not go with the upgrade option because I have read various issues with upgrading 2.0. We previously did not utilize Sharepoint services 2.0. Once I installed Sharepoint it broke my OWA/RWW site since they both use port 80. Anyway I could setup Sharepoint to be the default site when I go to myservername and then have myservername/exchange for OWA etc... ?
    Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: Sharepoint 3.0 & OWA/RWW exist on the same server

You were lucky you didn't upgrade, see here
    You could also just the terms SBS WSS 3...
    The aimless ramblings of a blithering lunatic (aka Chad Gross) has some good blogs on anything Sharepoint related.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
      You were lucky you didn't upgrade, see here
      You could also just the terms SBS WSS 3...
      The aimless ramblings of a blithering lunatic (aka Chad Gross) has some good blogs on anything Sharepoint related.

Haha Google is what told me not to upgrade

Comment

You can install WSS3 alongside the existing without upgrading. I have done this on an SBS 2003 box.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
          You can install WSS3 alongside the existing without upgrading. I have done this on an SBS 2003 box.

I hate to be rude, but did you read my post? I have done this already, that was not my question

Comment

Originally posted by brcmadmin View Post
            I hate to be rude, but did you read my post? I have done this already, that was not my question
            Maybe like me, Virtual did not fully understand what you had written at first glance.

You were being offered an option to help you and while it may not have been what you wanted, a more polite responce (or none at all) would have been more appropriate. I think perhaps you should read YOUR signature and see if it still applies.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Maybe like me, Virtual did not fully understand what you had written at first glance.

You were being offered an option to help you and while it may not have been what you wanted, a more polite responce (or none at all) would have been more appropriate. I think perhaps you should read YOUR signature and see if it still applies.
              Well I guess I just base it off of my first post. If you post and dont provide any information you get flamed for it everytime. I try to provide as much information as possible for this reason. Then someone comes along and glances at my post overlooking my whole post, then replies with something that was stated in my orginal post not really related to my issue. Frustrating. I was not trying to be rude hence why I made that statement, I just was letting that person know that it was not related to my question

Comment

Working...
              X