Network Neighborhood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Neighborhood

From the SBS 2008 server I browse the entire domain. However, from the clients XP pro and Vista, I can only see the SBS server. This just started. I did stop the bowser service on one of the clients to heck if that would make any difference. Negative result. Browser service is running on the SBS 2008 server.Thanks for any insight

Re: Network Neighborhood

Originally posted by f5mann View Post
    From the SBS 2008 server I browse the entire domain. However, from the clients XP pro and Vista, I can only see the SBS server. This just started. I did stop the bowser service on one of the clients to heck if that would make any difference. Negative result. Browser service is running on the SBS 2008 server.Thanks for any insight
    Ifailed to mention that Vista clients and win 2008 member servers in the domain have no issues with network neighborhood. It seems that only the XP pro clients are not able to browse! HTH

Comment

Have you got any WINS servers implemented in your network? If so are the clients configured with that or have you configured a DNS server with WINS lookup?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

No WINS servers.
        But a revelation maybe. All seemed to be fine with browsing until I installed TrendMicro WFBS 5.1 ( at different times and individually on the client computers) I was unable to push out the install for some reason. I am now thinking that TrendMicro may be the culprit. I am going to uninstall Trend from one XP client and see if that corrects the issue. I will post back.

Comment

Working...
        X