endless problems... sbs 2008 exchange restore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• endless problems... sbs 2008 exchange restore

had some serious issues (bad motherboard update, 5 bad seagate 500's)....

long story short: we rebuilt the server from scratch with a new motherboard, and full recreation of the domain, as the backups were not able to restore it. (totally useless)

no data was lost and we have the .edb files and logs for exchange server.
    the guids no longer match, and if i swap the DB's the users mailbox is empty.
    (its there, but just not mapped to any current user, GUID is orphaned)

any magic? i have been up 20+ hours a day for the last 6 days trying to restore this. storage recovery group refuses to ignore the guid mismatch and wont import...

can this be done with powershell?
    if so what would the syntax be if my server is called SBS on the CORP domain
    copy from storage recovery group to live exchange mailboxes...

please and thanks.

Re: endless problems... sbs 2008 exchange restore

I'm pretty sure you're going to need a third party product like Ontrack PowerControls to recover the email.

http://www.ontrackpowercontrols.com/

Comment

Are the AD backups completely useless?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Stupid question(s)! Does the store mount and have you looked in the deleted mailbox folder (I think it needs to be up for about 24 hours to complete all the maintenance processes)? If you see mailboxes in the deleted mailbox folder, you can (re-)assign them to your recreated users IIRC - similar to 2003.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

calling MS pss helped, they gave me help using the powershell for exchange

copy-mailbox was the cmdlet required.

1. creat a storage recovery group.
          2. mount store
          3. use cmdlet to copy old mailboxes to subfolder inside each users OWA, which they can then copy manually to same folders.

Comment

Working...
          X