No announcement yet.

SBS 2003 + Netgear concentrator

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 + Netgear concentrator

Hello everybody ,

I am a newbie to your community and look forward to getting to know you all, I am a hardware engineer working at a University , and love to share knowledge with other engineers.

I have a SBS 2003 box all setup and running , and also a Net gear SSL-VPN concentrator , things were working fine meaning my users in remote locations could connect to the VPN, and access there data, until I started to run the wizards that opened up the Remote Word Space SSL connection, now all my traffic seem to go to the URL on the 2003 server box instead of the SSL VPN URL . I am not sure how to either add a link on the 2003 web page that can point them to the SSL, or what the best configuration would be ? as all SSL connections all use port 443 , so I cannot really change the port mappings.

Any suggestions would be great J

Thank you for your time

Re: SBS 2003 + Netgear concentrator

You should really use port forwarding on your router/firewall to effectively run SBS. At a minimum you should forward 443(SSL), 4125 (RWW, or Remote Web Workplace to give it its correct title) and 25 for Exchange.
    Other possibilities include:
    - 80 (if your users can't learn to type https://...)
    - 444 for users to connect directly to WSS/Sharepoint aka CompanyWeb from outside
    - 1723 for users outside the network to connect via PPTP.

Of course, you could also open FTP, telnet, POP3, IMAP4, RDP etc but I don't recommend any of those unless absolutely necessary for some vital operation.

BTW all of those would be forwarded to the SBS and would not be available via VPN to the firewall!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.