Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Office Outlook be deployed from SBS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Office Outlook be deployed from SBS?

Hi,

I understand with 2K3 Server and Exchange (on seperate boxes) you are licensed to run Outlook with each Exchange CAL when obtaining the media (with no key required?) from an MS reseller.

With regards to SBS (and my attachment) can Outlook be deployed from the SBS box to a client? If so, are the installer files already present?

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files

Re: Can Office Outlook be deployed from SBS?

Been a long time but I remember SBS2003 used to come with an Outlook CD and key. It requested it during install and you could push it out to clients.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

As you can see in your screenshot, Outlook 2003 SP1 is already included and ready to be deployed automagically to clients - that is the default when you connect a computer to the network via //<server>/connectcomputer. You also have in the wizard there and option to add other deployments, which could be the complete office suite (separate license required), instead of just Outlook.
      The alternatives are to use Group Policy or direct users to your //<server>/clntapps share and install what you wish from there.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Sorry about the slow reply and thanks for the explanation.

Didn't actually publish Outlook using this method in the end, but it's handy to know for the future.

Thanks again!

Comment

Waddyamean, you didn't publish it using this method?
          You don't have to. If you use the integrated setup it does it for you. How did you set up your SBS, because I am afraid if you didn't use the integrated setup, other tremendous benefits of SBS won't be available to you either!
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Time to have a look at, http://www.trainsignal.com/Small-Bus...ining-P19.aspx
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
              Waddyamean, you didn't publish it using this method?
              You don't have to. If you use the integrated setup it does it for you. How did you set up your SBS, because I am afraid if you didn't use the integrated setup, other tremendous benefits of SBS won't be available to you either!
              I did follow the integrated set-up although the clients (to date) i connected already had the full '03 suite on them although I will certainly use this method for new additions.

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              That's on the list of purchases!

Comment

Working...
              X