Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 SBS mirrored drives will not boot

Hi,

I have a windows 2003 SBS server, with mirrored drives, one drive has failed I could not get a 200Gb drive so decided to use a 250Gb drive unfortunatley the server started to blue screen when mirroring. i put th origional drive back in and I still get the same the machine blue screens as it get to the windows banner screen ?? Any ideas anyone

Re: Windows 2003 SBS mirrored drives will not boot

Note - This is also SBS R2

Comment

Double post reported.

Is this hardware mirroring or software?
      If hardware, does the BIOS raid controller show anything? -- you may need to trigger a rebuild
      What happens if you boot off one drive only?

Tell us more about your hardware setup as well please!
      Last edited by Ossian; 6th April 2009, 07:07.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is the boot information on both disks? It could be that the disk with the boot info on it is defective and, although you set them up as a mirror, it mirrors the files and not the boot info - a common problem with mirrors.
        Last edited by teiger; 6th April 2009, 21:39. Reason: Typo
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X