Shared hosted SBS 2008 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared hosted SBS 2008 server

I would like to rent one server out to multiple companies ranging in 1 - 10 worplaces with a maximum of 50 users per server. I use a hosted Exchange topic but maybe there are some simpler ways of sharing a SBS 2008 server.

Any help appriciated!

Re: Shared hosted SBS 2008 server

Perhaps a fuller explanation of what you want will help. If you are wanting to put multiple Domains on an SBS server it ain't going to work.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

would like to rent 1 fully redundant server with enough cpu, memory and storage to multiple companies. For instance:

Company1 - 2 users
      Company2 - 1 user
      Company3 - 5 users
      Company4 - 8 users
      Company5 - 1 user
      Company6 - 1 user

They login with VPN to this server with one domainname for instance hossbs01.siem-it.nl.

The internal domainname is sbs01.

The two users from company1 get their own share (that's the easy part), their own e-mail (also easy), their own company's address list, offline address book etc (that's harder), their own portal on sharepoint (also a little harder) and other features. FAX option is not given.
      The other company's get the same as company1 but they should not know of the other company's on this server.

It's like hosted Exchange, but then the complete SBS features.

Comment

I would be very interested in seeing if the Microsoft EULA allows this sort of usage
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          I would be very interested in seeing if the Microsoft EULA allows this sort of usage
          You can under SPLA.

Comment

Originally posted by jantje.vlaam View Post
            You can under SPLA.
            Using SBS???? That I doubt and I seriously doubt that you can physically do it with SBS. Too many Wizard handled settings to allow the required nitty gritty multiple configurations that you want.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I like a challange. So far the hosted Exchange topic is helping a lot. But when others have already done it, it's easier.

It's easy to host multiple SBS servers in Hyper-v, but you can only get 4-5 SBS servers on a heavy server and you need to charge a minumum of 5 users per server. With a shared solution, i can get more users on one server.

Company's with 10 or more users are better of wiht a local server or a dedicated server.

Comment

Working...
              X