Advise for Excel, word, and accounting software on SBS2008 Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise for Excel, word, and accounting software on SBS2008 Box

Can Excel and word (2007) be installed and used by all users from the SBS box?
    Should it be done that way?

Max users =5.

Everyone wants to use RDP to the server. Does this become at TS licenence issue?

Should I setup another computer with XP (real or virutal) instead (with office, etc) , and have all users connect to that computer? I really don't want another computer.

Thanks,
    Sammy

Re: Advise for Excel, word, and accounting software on SBS2008 Box

No, that cannot be done. You need the Premium version and install the second server as a terminal server.

Comment

You can also install the TS as a Hyper-V image on SBS
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've saidĒ - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
        You can also install the TS as a Hyper-V image on SBS

Actually this will not work. You cannot deploy the Hyper-V role with SBS as the parent without breaking the bindings for DHCP to bind to the correct interface.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=958829

Comment

BigStan is correct, that is not a supported scenario. But you can do it virtually, if you put the SBS in the VM on the 2008. But if you use the premium version with the extra server as a TS you still need TS CALS to license compliant
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

When you run a Hyper-V server with SBS 2008 and Windows 2008 teminal server wiht 5 users, you'r going to need a good server. You also have a huge single point of failure.

Comment

You need to prem version of office for that, outlook 2007 is supported though.
              I would suggest you go with open office as you dont need licensing for that
              Blog: smoothblog.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X