exchange 2003 Spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2003 Spam

Hello all, I have a exchange server 2003 sp2 installed with the intelligent filter and blacklist connection filter . however I am still getting emails sent to me from my email address. since the server is closed relay they can not send emails out.. but the spammers have a way for sending the email for inter domain email .. so emails will come from my email address (with different Display Name) to my email.
    any way one can stop that..

Re: exchange 2003 Spam

Spammers are clever people, they can make e-mail look like it is coming from someone other than the real sender! Use a reputable anti-spam measure. IMF is good for the price, but get something that costs a bit more if you really want to be effective. I use ExchangeDefender and if you are not in a position to use their services, I can set you up with them for a basic price.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

It's well worth investing in a third party anti-virus and email security product. The IMF isn't bad for a free bit of software, but not really advanced enough these days. Also, it doesn't work with the POP3 connector although I'm assuming you aren't using that if IMF is blocking some spam.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I've heard good thinks about Postini. It has other benefits such e-mail retention too.

Simon

Comment

Working...
        X