Very odd under admin templates other languages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very odd under admin templates other languages

Anyone ever seen this? When going to start > run > gpedit.msc I see the following on the screen shot

This is a Windows 2003 SBS w/ SP2 Standard. Nothing to special on this machine. This is the domain controller. No other languages are installed so not sure wtf is going on. System seems to work with no issues.

Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: Very odd under admin templates other languages

The boxes tell me it's a visual anomoly. Reboot the server and see if it's normal afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      The boxes tell me it's a visual anomoly. Reboot the server and see if it's normal afterward.
      Tried that too

Comment

Do you have multi-lingual clients? Is this a US English(?) SBS installation? Was there ever another language installed in the network? It only appears to affect the "Application Error Reporting" GPO. Can you delete them (back them up first)?
        Final thought - did you ask for multiple languages in WSUS? Is WSUS on this server either independently or as part of R2?
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
          Do you have multi-lingual clients? Is this a US English(?) SBS installation? Was there ever another language installed in the network? It only appears to affect the "Application Error Reporting" GPO. Can you delete them (back them up first)?
          Final thought - did you ask for multiple languages in WSUS? Is WSUS on this server either independently or as part of R2?
          Nope all US English, no other languages. How do I delete that GPO?

When I took this over WSUS was not installed, they had a SMS box, but I removed it

Comment

Originally posted by brcmadmin View Post
            When I took this over WSUS was not installed, they had a SMS box, but I removed it
            A what? (SMS Box) Please Explain

GPO's are managed under GPMC which should be in your administrative tools menu.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X