Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining New SBS 2008 Domain causes problem with MYOB database

Hi all,

I have an "strange" problem with an accounting program's database after joing a workstation to a new SBS 2008 domain. The workstation was formerly attached to a SBS 2000 domain. The method of conecting to this database was to get a new licence for the program and using the licencing control program, point the program at the shared folder on the server.
    This part works great and it tells me that the link has been created sucessfully. However when I try to open the database I get "an invalid database error". If I copy the database from the server to the workstation's desktop I can open it from there. I thought it might be a problem with permissions but I joined another workstation to the Sbs Domain that had not already got this Accounts program installed, installed it to the workstation connected to the share and it works.
    It seems that if the accounts program is already installed on the workstation and we join it to the new domain we've got a problem. Has anyone of you had this problem before ? this is my first post and your help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Joining New SBS 2008 Domain causes problem with MYOB database

Hi All,

I got it sorted. The solution is to uninstall the accounts program (MYOB Taxpack) from within the setup program before joining the computer to the new Domain and re-install it under the domain user profile that normally uses the computer, then run the licencsing module. The Domain User must be a member of the Administrators Group on the computer.

all the best

liam

Comment

Re: Joining New SBS 2008 Domain causes problem with MYOB database

Don't you just love the easy to use applications.

Thanks for posting back and sharing the solution with the Community. I bet people will sing your praises several times in the future for this solution. Greatly apreciated.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X