Laptop Users and local profiles while not connected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Users and local profiles while not connected

I hope you can point me in the right direction!

I have an administrator that uses a laptop at the office and takes it home with him. He doesn't always have a network connection or need one when he is out of the office.

The issue is: I connected the laptop with the /server/connectcomputer wizard, and selected his local profile when in the wizard. Now when he goes offsite and logs on to his user, his "local" profile is no longer availble.

Some users want to have their desktop accessable so they can save documents there for access when off site.

My question is! How can I have the same desktop when I am offline and in the office? If this is not an option, then what good is having a laptop?!

Re: Laptop Users and local profiles while not connected

Hi Matt,

not sure why local profiles are being used here.

depending on how many times the user is going to log on to the laptop without being connected to the domain (at home) you may need to alter that within Group Policy so the user is not being prevented at the least convenient time!

As for the desktop/files, why not use offline files and folders? - also a GPO. This will allow the user to syncronize with the file server off/on site.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Nevermind everyone! I had a major brain fart! and figured it out.

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Comment

best type!

Comment

Working...
        X