group policy strong password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• group policy strong password

hi i need to apply strong passwords for few users at my domain.
    is it possible to apply this rule only for few users? or it will be include all the users in my domain?

thank alot

roey

Re: group policy strong password

It will be for all users in your domain. You could setup another domain and enforce a different password policy, but is additional cost or consider upgrading to Windows 2008 server that allows the granularity through the use of PSOs.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc770394.aspx

You can use Group Policy to enforce different logons for users who log on using a local computer user account.

Not sure whether you are considering upgrading in the future.

Comment

Create another OU in AD, link a new GPO which has strong passwords configured to the OU you just created, move the users you wish to use strong passwords into the new OU.
      This is pure GPO - not SBS!!
      For SBS, all Users are created under "My Business\SBS Users" OU. Create your Strong Password OU UNDER the SBS Users OU to make sure they get all the other default SBS policies.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Please note that password policies can only work if linked at the Domain level.
        They wont work at the OU level.
        If you want to exclude certain users just bang them in a group and use security filtering in the GPO so It only includes users you want to have the policy applied to.

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X