sql server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sql server

hi to all of i have an error in event viewer this error appear every 1 minute
    this is the error:
    Unknown SQL Exception 2 occured. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

someone know something about what i should to do to resolve that?
    thanks!

Re: sql server

Originally posted by M-Be View Post
    hi to all of i have an error in event viewer this error appear every 1 minute
    this is the error:
    Unknown SQL Exception 2 occured. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

someone know something about what i should to do to resolve that?
    thanks!
    Make sure all the SQL services are running. I had the same yesterday after restarting a server due to widows updates requiring it.

Comment

Can you check if any firewall is blocking any SQL traffic and also
      have a look at this article for troubleshooting SQL connectivity issues:
      http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/...22/483684.aspx

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
        Make sure all the SQL services are running. I had the same yesterday after restarting a server due to widows updates requiring it.
        some services not working when i try to start them i got an error that tell me some services could not start because they not necessary
        Last edited by M-Be; 11th March 2009, 13:18.

Comment

some services not working when i try to start them i got an error that tell me some services could not start because they not necessary
          Can you type out the exact error message or show us a screenshot? How are you trying to start those services? Are you using SQL Server Configuration Manager or SQL Server Surface Area Configuration?
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

''Some services stop automatically, if they have no work to do''
            this is the error message

Comment

''Some services stop automatically, if they have no work to do''
              this is the error message
              Can you name the services for us.

Comment

services:
                mssqlhdhelper- error say cannot start on local computer
                windows sharepoint service administration -error say some services stop automatically if they have no work to do
                windows share point service search - error say cannot start on local computer

Comment

services:
                  mssqlhdhelper- error say cannot start on local computer
                  windows sharepoint service administration -error say some services stop automatically if they have no work to do
                  windows share point service search - error say cannot start on local computer
                  Ok. They're ok as they are.

Is your SQL server on another computer or is it local? There should be a number of other SQL services to check as well.

Comment

o.k again, sorry but im new in that system how i can check that?
                    Last edited by M-Be; 12th March 2009, 19:50.

Comment

See if you can open the Sharepoint admin page and then view the Database server that is listed. Also, look in Add/remove programs to see if SQL server is listed or SQL express or Windows Database. You may need to look on other servers as well

Comment

o.k i have 2 servers, sql installed on both
                        but the share point administration website install only in one of them
                        Last edited by M-Be; 13th March 2009, 02:22.

Comment

someone can help me?

Comment

Working...
                          X